Endings and Beginnings

I posted the news of my mother's death on Facebook, and if you're reading this, I would probably like you to "friend" me.

I blogged a little more on my "Kevin for Congress" blog after all the uniforms (ambulance, police, medical, undertaker) left the house. What you're reading now is actually a continuation of that blog post, so I recommend reading that one before this one.

I've been doing home healthcare 24/7 for the last three years, and less intensively for, well, beginning in December of 2008. During that time I've been making feeble efforts to set up a "Life Coaching" practice that would provide my income. (I've had no income since my mother became disabled. Her insurance paid for her tube feedings, and her teacher's pension bought my peanut butter and jelly sammiches.) I have several incomplete efforts. I mentioned in the blogpost above "George Washington Coaching."

On that website I make this claim:
When America followed George Washington's advice,
       America was the most prosperous and admired nation
                 in human history.
When America turned her back on Washington's advice,
       the United States became bankrupt and despised
                 even by our former admirers.
Many people -- especially conservative, patriotic, Christians -- don't want to believe that the United States is bankrupt. Or despised around the world. The first part of this therapeutic blogging highlighted two really depressing articles (this one and this one). But there's cause for optimism even in the face of depressing facts, because facing the facts is the first step to recovery. Both articles exhibit the problems that come from disregarding America's Biblical roots.

But is the Bible really the answer to today's complex problems?

Here is an unscripted audio rant about this article on the Bible. Written response here. I hope you will be able to push a button at the bottom of this page and listen to it. (If you don't push the STOP button, you'll end up listening to every audio file on the blog, depending on which page you're looking at.) Below are some of the links I refer to in the audio.

Links:

My view of the Bible: the most significant and miraculous book in all of human history. It's a miracle that it even exists, given the governments that have wanted to destroy it. And the Bible says the Bible is divine: "Why I Worship The Bible." The Bible has the attributes of Divinity. "The Word was God." It is more powerful than any human or human contrivance. It is powerful, and not strictly passive. Its ability to convey absolute truth is not obstructed by sinful bloggers and ignorant Christians with their bumper-sticker slogans and soundbites.
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12
Genocide and Holy War